Author Topic: Can't LOGIN? Banned?  (Read 7298 times)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
Can't LOGIN? Banned?
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:00:09 AM »
In my attempts to keep the dumb A$$ Spammers out of the forum I have built a series of "Bans" that effectively block antire geographic areas from getting in. These are mostly KNOWN and VERIFIED by me ranges of IP addresses that spammers use. Mostly EAstern European and East Asian locations.

I handle the registrations on the forum Manually and personally check each users email address and info to see if you are really a person and not a SCRIPT trying to take over or flood the forum.

If ANYONE EVER HAS A PROBLEM logging into the Forum please email me at forum@cliffshighperformance.dreamhosters.com

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
Re: Can't LOGIN? Banned?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 10:51:53 AM »
I have found that for foreign country visitors the anti-spam measures we currently have in place can prevent logins. I have had success with some foreign users by asking them to clear their cache and cookies. Then try logging in. In the future we will perform some updates that hopefully will help this.
You can also try using a VPN with an IP address from America. Send me a message with your IP address if you are banned and I'll try to see if it is listed in the ban database.
Apologies for the hassle.