Author Topic: Hollow Carb Studs  (Read 4108 times)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
Hollow Carb Studs
« on: July 06, 2017, 01:34:55 PM »
My original 67 intake has Hollow Carb studs in the rear. What is best practice for using those and how to hook them up. Should I remove them? (yes I know there is blue tape in there.. I'll get it out)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Hollow Carb Studs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
The anti-stall dashpot line connects into that stud, James, for manifold vacuum on the driver's side and  A/C actuator for manifold vacuum on the passenger side. Have a A/C? Do you happen to have black hose with a stripe near the rear-passenger of carb? Do you have a service manual for your car? I would get one if not.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:26:57 AM by Ethan1 »
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
Re: Hollow Carb Studs
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »
Thanks Ethan. No A/C but the car did come with the California A.I.R. setup.. I seem to recall there being something hooked to that. It has been 20 years since i took that setup off once I didn't have to get the car smogged here any longer. I think I have it still in a crate with the hoses still on it.

I don't have an Anti-Stall Dashpot on this carb. I have a repair manual and the Resto book.. I'll check those..

t was funny back in the early 80's watching the smog guys try to figure out what this car was supposed to have on it. '67 California equipped GTO's were a pretty rare thing.. they never had a clue. I ran the A.I.R. setup with the head passages plugged and they never knew.

The last time I had it smogged the shop gave up, wouldn't let me slide and said You'll have to go the "referee". A state sponsored GURU that was the final say..I remember he did find a diagram and spent a long time poking around, and asking me about how it was setup. Car passed the tailpipe by a few thou..
He finally gave me a cert... but he was so distracted by how unusual it was I think, that he didn't notice I had headers on it... 100% illegal.

Ahhh.. the days of handwritten smog certificates that could be had for the cost of a few beers...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:09:11 PM by jamesF »