Author Topic: Throttle cable length and bracket  (Read 4203 times)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
Throttle cable length and bracket
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:06:40 AM »
I have a question about the carb and throttle cable.
My throttle cable on my 67 GTO which I believe I used a number of years back with the same carb number, but not this particular carb, appears to be too short. About 10 years ago I removed the SR 7037262 and I ran a 65 Tripower with this cable and bracket, but I had a stiff wire on the end of the cable to make it long enough for the TriPower. That worked fine for years. Now I have this rebuilt by Cliff original 7037262.

It has been a long time since I bought this bracket. I have what I understand is the correct bracket (a reproduction).

The picture shows the cable pulled tight before pedal moves.. It is about 1 inch too short.
I measured the cable at 20 1/2" long.
Is this the wrong bracket?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:26:43 PM by jamesF »

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Throttle cable length and bracket
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »
 James,
 There is a cable on NPD's website that is 21.75" long and 11.50" from firewall to throttle cable bracket. The bracket looks correct to me, but, Cliff, would know. ;)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:17:55 PM »
Hmm. Thanks Ethan. While I was on NPD's site I looked at the Brackets. Their photos make me wonder. Both of their brackets - 65-66 and 67-70 have the slot for the collar to fit in about 1/2" closer to the carb. Clearly different than what I have.  I may take a flyer on a new bracket and see what happens..

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 09:14:49 AM »
Hmm. Thanks Ethan. While I was on NPD's site I looked at the Brackets. Their photos make me wonder. Both of their brackets - 65-66 and 67-70 have the slot for the collar to fit in about 1/2" closer to the carb. Clearly different than what I have.  I may take a flyer on a new bracket and see what happens..

You're welcome, James! Yeah, from looking on NPD's website, that bracket does look different. They have good stuff, too, at good prices.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »
Ordered and received the 3 hole cable. Decent quality.
It did seem to fit just about exactly... at the farthest hole using the bracket I have.. I may get the "other" bracket too and see what that does.. Thank