Author Topic: Secondary air bleed tubes problem  (Read 1427 times)

Offline turboguard

• Garage guy
Secondary air bleed tubes problem
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »
So I'm rebuilding a nice completely unmolested quadrajet, and I'm running into a problem with the secondary bleed tubes in the airhorn.  When I went to put them back in, they literally just slide completely through the orifice!  I didn't modify the holes or tubes in any way.
Is there any way to get them to fit into the airhorn properly or am I screwed?

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Secondary air bleed tubes problem
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 05:53:34 AM »
They can be retained with Red Loctite and stake them very gently as a back-up to make sure they don't fall out.

Hopefully you are using one of our rebuild kits so you don't have to go back in and do it again......Cliff

Offline turboguard

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »
They can be retained with Red Loctite and stake them very gently as a back-up to make sure they don't fall out.

Hopefully you are using one of our rebuild kits so you don't have to go back in and do it again......Cliff

How do you stake them? From the top where thee tube is supposed to stick out a little?

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:08:43 AM »
Yes.

Offline turboguard

• Garage guy
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 08:12:59 AM »
Thanks, that did it just fine!
It's amazing how well these run with a fresh rebuild when they haven't been buggered up beforehand!
All I had to do was set everything according to factory spec with my handy thexton tools...and it runs way better than the Frankenstein carb that was previously on my car!