Author Topic: Broken tab on air horn.  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Spudboy

• Garage guy
Broken tab on air horn.
« on: April 10, 2017, 02:41:51 PM »
I am rebuilding a really nice 1974 800 cfm q-jet with a Cliff's rebuild kit. While apart, the darn dog knocked the air horn off the table it was on and snapped off a tab. There are two bosses/tabs on the air horn, one on either side of the accelerator pump rocker arm. The one that broke off is the outside/thinner of the two. How can this be repaired? My buddy said there was a glue featured on an episode of "My Classic Car." Once touched together, the two parts are instantly
bonded together. It was really expensive but sounded like something that I wanted to try. But he has forgotten the name of the glue or the website. What would be the best way to repair this carb?

I did learn something from this. The big thick inner boss/tab tightly holds the roll pin for the rocker arm. While the hole for the roll pin in the outside/thinner boss/tab is bigger. The roll pin hardly touches it. Apparently, it's main function is just to keep the rocker arm in place. All this time I thought the roll pin fit very tightly into both bosses.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Broken tab on air horn.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »
We this this on occasion and have several good repairs for it, but none involve glue or epoxy.....Cliff