Author Topic: Show Your Carb Tools  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Show Your Carb Tools
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:15 AM »
 Here are my carburetor tools: (Hopefully they load with PB)

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Show Your Carb Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »
 Guess not.

Here are some attachments.

Most are Carter and Rochester, but I do have quite a few Snap-On, Holley and Stromberg tools as well.

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:20:40 AM »
 No one has any special carb tools they use? Float gauges, sockets, etc.? You can get these on eBay for $200. Just have to know what you're looking for. ;)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline markedmondson

• Garage guy
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 09:55:14 AM »
My Q-Jet work is limited to basic cleaning, installing the kit, and adjustments.

I would like to know about tips or tools for assembling the choke rod/lever onto the fast idle cam pivot while it's down in the side of the body.  My method involves creative cursing while standing on my head. 

Offline Hillbillyenginering

• Garage guy
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 12:31:07 PM »
I usually don't have issues with that install. I go about one of two ways.  Either loosen up the spring chock mount a little to install just the rod. Or I find much easier is the rod and arm together. Insert with rod lower and arm at a 25/30 deg angle upward towards the fuel inlet, have the housing right there and insert it into the slot in the arm

Offline Hillbillyenginering

• Garage guy
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
Ethan
I do have a number of tools. Just too lazy to head out to the shop to take picz.
The normal. Multiple drill index's, taps, extra small center punch, home made adjuster for APT from a 5/16 stainless bolt, two idle screw adjuster one is spring extension, a aluminum plate to hold the base for drilling And tapping. But I drilled a hole between the front primaries and threaded it. Made a special gasket for it. Hook up my industrial vacuum pump, hook up the A\C gauges with an old tank for more volume. I can test when the power piston starts to go up or down. Probably not a total he necessity, but as you can see from my user name I can get a bit excessive.lol
I tried to use it attached to my toro engine trying to find a leak that wasn't there. Should have made it from at least 1\2"

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 07:53:22 AM »
Here are my carburetor tools: (Hopefully they load with PB)

Here are just my carter carb tools:

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)