Author Topic: Ultrasonic Cleaning  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Ultrasonic Cleaning
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:18:35 AM »
 What do you guys recommend for getting out seized throttle shafts? I have a Carter WGD with one that is heavily rusted. Thought about putting it in my US cleaner, but just need to know what solution to use and how much?

Thanks,
 Ethan
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Ultrasonic Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »
What do you guys recommend for getting out seized throttle shafts? I have a Carter WGD with one that is heavily rusted. Thought about putting it in my US cleaner, but just need to know what solution to use and how much?

Thanks,
 Ethan

My unit is 5.2 gallons. Think I will put 2 cups of Evaporust and the rest hot water and warm it up to 122° 50°C). What do you think about the portions?
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline carmantx

• Carb lover
  • Quadrajet Power.com
    • Quadrajet Power
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:44:52 PM »
I use evaporate and it works well.  I have never used it in ultrasonic though.  And not sure it would work that much deluded.  I use heat, Kano kroil and patience.

I have lots more of the first two, and very little of the third.  So a Lorne hammer and punch are also utilized.
'72 Buicks for fun and drag racing
quadrajetpower on facebook

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 04:11:29 AM »
I use evaporate and it works well.  I have never used it in ultrasonic though.  And not sure it would work that much deluded.  I use heat, Kano kroil and patience.

I have lots more of the first two, and very little of the third.  So a Lorne hammer and punch are also utilized.

Well, I wouldn't use the stuff you get at the parts store. A friend recommended the indusutrial type. Which is concentrated. I will give it a go as soon as the weather warms up.

Kroil is great stuff! I use it all the time. Better than that WD40 crap. Plus, it smells better. ;D
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline 77cruiser

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 06:12:48 AM »
Then their is the ATF & acetone mix that's supposed to be a good penetrating fluid.
Jim

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »
Then their is the ATF & acetone mix that's supposed to be a good penetrating fluid.

Yep, I have 4 16oz bottles mixed up of 50% Acetone and 50% ATF. Great stuff.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)