Author Topic: Help on sizes of rods and jet size for CCC Quadrajet carb  (Read 2618 times)

Offline AspenW41

Help on sizes of rods and jet size for CCC Quadrajet carb
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:58:56 PM »
Cliff,
   I have a 1986 Pontiac Firebird w/a LG4. I put on a Edelbrock Intake, and a set of headers, along with a single 3" exhaust (w/ Holley crossflow muffler), AND replaced the OEM cam (179 @.050s) with a COMP CAM 260H (212@.050s), also with a 50K volt coil with a plug gapp off .055s. I am looking to rebuild the CCC carb. I was looking at your HP kit, and I wanted to know what rod and jet sizes would you recommend to get for this car.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Help on sizes of rods and jet size for CCC Quadrajet carb
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 01:20:52 AM »
When you get time call the shop, we'll get what you need in a custom kit exactly for what you are doing....tks....Cliff

Offline AspenW41

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 01:54:42 PM »
Cliff,
   I just called. Got your answering machine. I wanted to get a Quote on how much the jets and metering rods would be from you, in addition to SR kit.  :)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 02:17:41 AM »
The primary side jets and metering rods are not replaced in those unit, part throttle A/F is controlled by the M/C solenoid.

Secondary metering is not computer controlled, and it will need richer metering rods for what you are doing.  Call volume was heavy yesterday, I'll be returning all calls sometime today......Cliff